Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring butterflies

Sometimes I really think I have the best job in the world. I get to spend all my time hanging out with lots of cute and funny kids, and watch them as they try new things and learn new concepts. It's a pretty amazing thing to be part of.

Today one of my Grade 1 classes finished constructing their Spring butterflies and I couldn't resist taking some photos. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, they absolutely loved this project and had a great time slopping loads of tempera paint on to their paper to create their butterflies. In fact, some of the kids had applied so much paint that it was difficult for them to fold the paper in half again today in order to cut out the wings. Still, I think they did a great job - and I especially love that some of the kids got creative and turned their colourful butterflies into vampires. Afterall, nothing really says Spring like lots of blood and fangs, right?



- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment