Thursday, March 8, 2012

Loot. Woot!

Poor Daniel had another tough day at work today. In addition to his regular classes, he wound up teaching two extra surprise lessons as well...and one of them was with the Grade 2 ratbags that he was so angry at yesterday. 

In the other hand my day was pretty cruisey. I was also teaching a couple of extra lessons but I hardly even noticed because I kept getting interrupted every 5 minutes and handed flowers and chocolates. It was awesome. Before coming to Hungary I'd never even heard of International Women's Day, but it seems like it's a pretty big deal over here (and in many other countries as well). Daniel snapped some pictures of me with my loot during the morning break, but by the time I finished teaching, I reckon I had accummulated about three times as many goodies. The gifts were all given to me by my male students and it was lovely to see the boys being so sweet and shy for a change.


In unrelated news, here is a picture I took last night of the church in Máriapócs from our backyard. Some nights the view is particularly spectacular and last night was one of them. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't really do the scene justice but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Finally, some exciting news - Daniel and I have booked our tickets back to Australia! We arrive in Melbourne on June 28th. I feel like it's still a long way away, but I suspect that the time will pass really quickly.

- Amanda

2 comments:

  1. great church picture with the stars!! hope all those flowers and candies made your second women's day the best one ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie. Yeah, I'm pretty proud of the church photo! The stars made it look a bit like a scene from a Disney cartoon. We're still working our way through the stash of chocolate. Yum!

      Delete