Saturday, June 16, 2012

Last Day and Ballagós

Yesterday was our last day of teaching.


Well, teaching might be an exaggeration, the last day of teaching might have been sometime last week but this was the last day of forcing the kids to play with us. I played English word games with my kids then we went outside and played football. My soccer skills are definitely improving but I'm still not at the level of a nine year old Hungarian boy, although I have surpassed the abilities of nine year old girls. Yeah, I got them beat.

Today was the Ballagós, which is the Graduation Ceremony for Grade 8. We don't teach them, but it was a really nice event. Everyone was dressed up, there were flowers decorating the school and the choir sang a few songs including one by Adele. Then, once all the speeches had finished the kids released helium filled balloons. It worked out amazingly well as the balloons rose into the air and disappeared together into the horizon.


I've embedded a video of the choir singing 'Someone Like You' by Adele. My sister, Anthea, suggested this to me and the kids loved it. It starts off quietly, but they get there in the end.

- Daniel

2 comments:

  1. aww, so cute! i really like the group photo - even if the kids at the top look a little ominous standing over everyone. you guys look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we love the group photo. We're so happy that we got it. Are you staying another year in China?

    ReplyDelete