Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Seven to go

Wow, I can't believe it's Wednesday already! As of today, there are only seven weeks left until we fly home to Australia. And it's only five weeks before we send Iago back. Time is going by much too quickly for my liking :(

Anyway, we had a pretty cruisey weekend. Daniel was working on a couple of uni assignments and I attended another ceramics class and finally finished the kennel sign for Jasmine. I think the colour scheme is a little off, but otherwise I'm very happy with it. I've already started on another project which I'm hoping will turn out even better.

Over the weekend, Daniel and I also got around to taking some photos of the replica church that was recently built in Máriapócs. The townspeople have been working on this project for the best part of a year now, so it's fantastic to see it all finished. I think the idea behind it is to show tourists what the town's main church looked like before it became famous and grew to its current impressive size.

Speaking of the church, since today's weather was so gorgeous I took my Grade 2s outside and asked them to sketch the church for their drawing lesson. I banned all erasers and tried to get the kids to stop obessessing over perfection, and just draw what they saw. It was pretty challenging for most of the class, but I think they enjoyed the activity and the change of scene.


- Amanda

1 comment:

  1. there is nothing better than the jasmine sign - enough said!

    ReplyDelete