Thursday, May 31, 2012

Big mouths!

Daniel and I both had great days today. Mine started out well with my Grade 1 class in Mátészalka. I only see this class once a week so I usually test out my lesson plans on the kids here in Máriapócs first. Anyway, today I had a flash of inspiration in the middle of my lesson and decided to abandon the script and try out the new game I'd just thought of...and it worked brilliantly! On the down side, I feel like I'm finally becoming comfortable teaching the kids in Mátészalka and now I only have one lesson left with them next week. I can't believe it.

My afternoon classes were also a lot of fun. Usually I'm a frazzled wreck after teaching back-to-back drawing lessons, but today was much more relaxed than usual. I think it was because neither of today's lessons involved any kind of paint or glue. Don't get me wrong, I love doing art with the kids, but things can (and do) tend to get explosively messy at times! Today the 1A kids did a terrific job drawing big mouths and moustaches which they then cut out and held in place in front of their faces with lollypops. It was an overload of adorableness.

As for Daniel, the highlight of his day was going for a walk to Pope Square with Iago and our dogsitter extraordinaire, Panni. Iago was also pleased because he got to swim in the lake, run around off leash and play fetch with a big stick that Panni found for him. He'll be flying back home to Australia in less than two weeks' time so hopefully we can squeeze in at least another couple of walks with Panni before then.

- Amanda

PS. Here are more pics - I thought they were too cute not to share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment