Sunday, January 8, 2012

An unexpected surprise

Yesterday morning as Daniel and I set off for Budapest to collect Dave from the airport, I decided that Winter was over. After a week of bright sun and temperatures of up to 8 degrees, the possibility of a sudden cold spell seemed unlikely, and the very idea of more snow seemed ludicrous. 

So, with a heavy heart and an even heavier sigh, I made the decision to return my snow boots to the cupboard. There seemed little point in keeping them by the front door if there was no snow, and they only made me feel sad whenever I looked at them. 

Likewise, when we arrived home last night, it seemed that putting our car into the garage would be a waste of time. So we left it outside.

And this is the sight that greeted us this morning.


 - Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment