Saturday, March 5, 2011

Unitard!

You know those promises that you make to yourself but never really get around to? They're thinks like: When I find some time, I'll learn to play piano, or I'll exercise every day for the next month or I'll put away that as yet unpacked moving box from two years ago. Well, one of mine has been I'll go back and do an Arts degree.

So, considering that we are currently working a total of 21 hours a week each, I figured that now was the best time. So, I've enroled in a Bachelor of Letters at Monash Uni, I'm majoring in Philosophy and minoring in English and Writing. Enrolment was a bit of a struggle because of this, that and the whatever, but after some assistance from Dad and late night calls to the university administration luck-fairies I'm all set up and ready to go. In fact, over the last week, I've been doing so much reading that Amanda has decided that my new name shall be unitard. She thinks that the pun is hil-ar-i-ous.

This week, I've been delving into two of my four subjects for the year "Life, Death and Morality" and "Time, Self and Mind". I'm really enjoying them, but it seems that everyone has done these subjects, certainly Amanda has, and I seem to remember that my friend Penny was showing me some material from TSM (as we unitards call it) many many years ago. Still it's a lot of fun and I'm hoping to learn a lot.

- Daniel

1 comment: