Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Hungarian BBQ

Last night was amazing.  Amanda and I were invited to dinner by my music teacher, Zoli.  I went a bit earlier and  helped them set up so I was cutting potatoes, onions and garlic.  It seemed to be a typical Hungarian style event, I got there at three and by the time I went to pick Amanda up at 7pm nothing much had happened other than drinking, cooking and eating (which I couldn't complain too much about except that I couldn't drink until I went home to pick up Amanda).  


So Amanda and I got there just as it got dark and the citeras were coming out.  The palinka started to flow in shots to shots and our music started to dominate the park that we were in.  I think I saw at least a few people were sitting in the darkness listening.  It was awesome fun.  Then a bit later a friend of Zoli's turned up, who was an amazing violin player and joined us.  I didn't really catch his name but he is a famous Hungarian player, and even I've heard of a few of his songs as some of the kids had sung them at the school ball in March.  (Sorry about the video quality)


Unfortunately, we had to leave a little early as we've got another week at a camp.  This time in Pecs.  So we might be out of contact yet again for another week!  Anyway, we've got to get on the road so I've got to stop blogging and help Amanda pack!

- Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment