Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm a real student again!

Well, it's happened.

I've officially became a real uni student once more. I handed my first assignment in late. It felt pretty good actually. Although it was only a single day late, it's the thought that counts.

I've been enjoying getting back to studying, my philosophy subjects have been really interesting. I've had one subject in particular that is a lot of fun called "God, Freedom and Evil" which is about looking at the premises and conclusions of arguments for and against God and trying to pull them to pieces. The actual content could be anything, although the religious aspect helps as there are no perfect arguments either for or against. Such is the way for things that are defined as unknowable! Still, what I really like is to be able to really look at these arguments and ask, "Well, is that really true?" It's awesome.

I'm also doing a Media Studies subject, which is a part of my writing minor, which is a little bit paranoid (in that it thinks that the media is a conspiracy attempting to take control of the world) and a little bit self-inflated (the only way to stop media, and thus save the world, is to study it!) but it's good as a comprehension task.

Anyway, I am having a lot of fun, and now that I'm officially a real uni student again I get to only bathe half as often as I used to!

- Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment