Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back

Well, I'm now sitting in Mum's lounge room having arrived back in Melbourne last night. The heating is on, the TV is on, our tent is airing out on the clothes line and we love it. Unfortunately, we have to go to work tomorrow. Drat.

Our trip down the east side was quite a trip, each day starting early at around 8am and often ending with us setting up the tent in the dark. We arrived in Rockhampton at eight o'clock at night, attempting to find the hostel in which we were going to stay. We'd just had a pretty awful night in a small roadhouse caravan park in the middle of nowhere and were looking forward to a night with air conditioning and, you know, a bed. After some conversation with the receptionist and some arguments with the GPS we eventually got there.

Brisbane was beautiful, Sydney was... what is was, and Canberra was like a dingier version of Adelaide. I'll put some pictures up soon when I adjust to being in the real world.

The next stage of our journey is to prepare for Hungary (a mere 5 weeks away), we've got our tickets purchased and I'm just trying to organise my visa now. I have to make a payment to the agent that I'm using, then it'll all be organised.

It seems like it's just one amazing thing after another at the moment and it's causing my brain to hurt... in a good way.

- Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment